Monday 16 November 2015

Tazneem

When I think of her, I think of the sun. Storm clouds clear whenever she is near. She makes me feel like liquid warmth is pulsing through my veins.

When I think of her, I think of bees, and honey, and a bear in a red t-shirt. I think of princesses with flowing, golden hair, of waterfalls, midnight drives, fairy lights, snow storms, of silver mirrors and poison apples, of shooting stars, swimming in rivers, salty hair, and sandy toes.

Tazzy.

She is a seashell: If you hold her close, you can hear her story. She is a warrior princess with dangerous hair, strong arms, and a fierce heart. She is protective, outspoken, an explorer, but also tender, soft, and warm.

She has an intricate mind and a delicate heart. She holds in her heart many things, as do I. But I know that we both have our own place in each others hearts.

Nothing can break the bond of sisterhood, not a witch, nor dragon, come hell or high water, we will stand together through it all.

And we will fight our wars and be crowned champions, before the lights go out, and the stars wink goodnight above our blazing heads.


XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Sarah-Kate Says