Monday 17 October 2016

Due: 12 Years Later

12 years of schooling. Who would've thought the day would come where I'd be looking back on my 12 years of schooling with such fond memories and nostalgia. 

Valedictory, Matric Breakfast, and the Award Ceremony were incredible, and the perfect end to an amazing 12 years. Matrics of 2016, you are all so beautiful. I can't believe we made it this far. Together, we make a melting pot of ethnicities, cultures, and languages, but really, we're just one big family, all supporting each other and loving each other for our uniqueness and spirit. 

We have so much ahead of us, so many questions remain unanswered, not everything is certain, and our journey ahead continues. But one thing is for certain: Through all of the trials and tribulations that we've been through, not only in 2016, but throughout our entire school career, we've emerged as stronger, wiser, more compassionate, nurturing, responsible, mature individuals. I believe in the people we can become: Film makers, doctors, lawyers, engineers, dentists, teachers, business owners, pilots, singers, artists, therapists, photographers, psychologists, we have the power to do it all. We are the generation that takes power into our own hands. I believe that the friendships we've made, and the connections we've forged, will last a lifetime. I believe that we have the power to bring immense change, and leave our mark on the world. And our last hurdle, Finals, is the last thing we have to conquer before we are released as champions. I'm wishing you all the best of luck. I know you can do it. All of your goals can be achieved if you believe in yourself, and push yourself one last time to do as brilliantly as you can. It's all up to you now. 

To my amazing grade, I would not be where I am today without you. You've made me smile, laugh, cry, think, debate, and grow into a woman I'm proud to be. To my friends from years passed, I wish you nothing but success and happiness as we go boldly into the future. We can do this. 

It's time to knuckle down and hit the books. Finals are looming. 6 subjects. Five weeks. One incredible grade. 

LET'S DO IT!


XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Sarah-Kate Says