Sunday 31 December 2017

Old Reflections, New Resolutions

And here we are: The final day of 2017! It feels like just yesterday I was blogging my 2017 New Year's Resolutions. Now comes the time to reflect on 2017, a year of immense growth and confusion.

I'm not sure what to make of this year to be honest. It felt like a fragmented year: A year where little bits of everything happened, and everything amounted to the lessons I was destined to learn. I'm not sure if that makes perfect sense, but it felt like a year where everything happened. I learned so much in 365 days.

2017 taught me to be selfish. Selfish with my time, my heart, my feelings, my mind, and most importantly, myself. In the past I spent too much time feeling sorry for myself and the things I couldn’t change, wishing for things I didn’t have, and begging for people who did not deserve me. 

In 2017 I held myself through heartbreak and pain, and emerged like a lotus flower. I lost people I thought I couldn’t live without, but I also met extraordinary people at UCT who helped me through my anxiety and fear. I forged the most beautiful connections and friendships, and made amazing memories along the way. I listened to extraordinary voices and learned things. I pushed myself into new work opportunities through 20 Model Management and Exclusive Books. I changed my environment by restyling my room into a peaceful and loving sanctuary.

I achieved things I never knew possible:
  • Matric with six distinctions, an A aggregate, and top 10 in my year
  • A scholarship to university
  • My learner’s license
  • 100 Days Of Courage👸🏽
  • A job
  • A modeling contract
  • My hard work in first year paid off through my stellar end of year results
I’ve grown immensely, but I’ve also regressed: I’ve been vulnerable and terrified in my anorexia relapse... But I have also strengthened my mind and body in my intense desire for recovery and life. I have learned to treat myself as a first priority, and to feel my feet on the floor without asking someone if they are there.

2018 is my year to be happy again. To be Sarah-Kate, truly, madly, and freely. My 20th year will be the happiest I’ve ever been, God willing.

Next year, I hope I can learn to heal to restoration. I hope my body will blossom and be free of fear. I hope I can sustain the art of mindfulness. I hope my relationship with myself flourishes.

2018 will be MY year. My year of health, recovery, happiness, good vibes, blessings, hard work, love, and growth. Thank you for the memories, the lessons, the heartaches, and the blessings 2017.



XO


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Sarah-Kate Says