Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Reflection and Resolutions

It seems as though 2014 has flown by. I don't know about anybody else, but I am grateful that this jam-packed year is coming to a close. My schedule became too hectic, and it took a drastic toll on my anxiety and general happiness. I like that I can now reflect on what I've achieved throughout the year, and how I can improve myself in 2015, and be the best me that I can be.

REFLECTION
  • I definitely became a more independent person, as well as more sensitive and cognitive. This has definitely helped me to develop more healthy relationships, not only with my family but with my friends and those I come into contact with.
  • I became more involved in school activities. This helped develop my confidence, as it allowed my voice to be heard, and I could share my insights and wisdom. It also allowed others to get to know me better. Things like participating in class discussions and signing up for extra-curricular activities are things that helped me boost my confidence and make new friends, and I will definitely be doing more of this in 2015.
  • Becoming involved in numerous extra-curriculars, however, put a lot of pressure on my mental and emotional stability. I must learn to keep the balance between work and play as I begin to assume leadership positions.
  • I must learn to exceed less pressure on myself in terms of academics. I was proud of my achievements at the annual Academic Assembly, and this taught me a valuable lesson: I have talents and skills that no one else can touch, and this is what makes me unique and strong. Not everyone can be good at everything, but everyone is good at something. I must be mindful of this in the 2015 academic year.
RESOLUTIONS
  • I am determined to untangle myself from the sticky social media web. I hope that this will help lessen my anxiety attacks. I will spend less time glued to my screen, and more time enjoying life and making my own memories.
  • I will spend more time growing my special talents and love for the arts. Whether it be practising piano, dancing, acting classes or photography, I will definitely be expressing myself more creatively in 2015.
  • I will perform to the best of my ability at school. I am determined to improve my average, involve myself in activities where I can, and be a committed, diligent and reliable student.
  • I will assume a regular workout, and eat more healthily. I am determined to become fitter and stronger in 2015.
I encourage you to write your own list of resolutions and a small reflection. It has helped to get me in gear, and focused for 2015. Whatever your New Years plans are, I hope you have fun and stay safe. 2014, it's been fun, but it's time to say goodbye and hello to a new beginning. Let's make 2015 the best year yet!

"It's never too late. Don't focus on what was taken away. Find something to replace it, and acknowledge the blessing you have."
- Drew Barrymore


XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Sarah-Kate Says