Tuesday 16 December 2014

Holidays are Sweet!

I just wanted to catch you up on some of the sweet treats I've prepared this holiday. 

When I bake, I bake for others, so I do not sample most what I bake. I don't mind this though, because I prefer to see the joy and happiness on other people's faces when they see what I've prepared. I want to be taken seriously as a baker, so when I bake, I want other people to enjoy the food as much as possible, hence why I do not eat what I bake most of the time.

I baked a batch of funfetti cupcakes to celebrate the end of the school term, and to herald in the holidays. My school chums and teachers all enjoyed the cupcakes. They were moist, sweet, and richly decadent. Here is where I got the recipe from. I highly recommend it, as my batch of cupcakes were a tremendous success!





I decided to treat my family to a special holiday breakfast, and made them pancakes! These weren't ordinary pancakes, mind you, they were banana and chocolate chip pancakes. I found the recipe on Pinterest, and added chocolate chips while they were in the pan. For the pancakes you will need:

- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients together until blended, then cook in a buttered pan. Add chocolate chips, or any other desired toppings. Serve warm with Nutella, lemon juice, cinnamon, or enjoy plain! Yum yum.



XO


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Sarah-Kate Says